Jack Adams, CFSP, MBIE Funeral Services Pioneer
Sierra Donor Services works in close partnership with funeral homes to serve families and honor the decision to donate. SDS ensures the wish to give and improve life, along with the desire for a meaningful funeral, will be fulfilled. SDS is available to provide education to funeral homes about organ and tissue donation, and to assist on a case-by-case basis. SDS has a staff position dedicated specifically to supporting funeral homes in meeting the needs of donor families.
Funeral Home professionals may contact our support staff (Christopher Donhost, Funeral Services Liaison), a licensed funeral director and embalmer, for additional information about our services.
Together, we help save and improve lives through organ and tissue donation.
Best Practices for Cooperation Among Tissue Banks and Funeral Service Professionals
If you would like more information, please use these links to additional donation-related web sites and resources.
- Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice
- American Association of Tissue Banks
- American Society of Embalmers
- Association for Death Education and Counseling
- Association of Organ Procurement Organizations
- California Funeral Directors Association
- Center for Loss and Life Transition
- The Compassionate Friends Grief Support
- Cremation Association of North America
- CryoLife Inc.
- National Association of Medical Examiners
- National Funeral Directors & Morticians Association
- National Funeral Directors Association
Our Funeral Services Liaison and other staff members are ready to assist and support you in your donation efforts. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact one of our team members below.
Funeral Services Liaison
Tissue Recovery Manager